PDA

View Full Version : Hello World!

Gallahhad
January 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hi there, just dropping in to introduce myself.

I've got almost 10 years experience in one form or another using GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, and occasionally Mac OSX.

I'm an on again off again CS student who still needs to finish Calculus and Physics to move on.

I'm pretty laid back and mellow, though I am a bit opinionated on some subjects.

I think Ubuntu is a nice solid distro, and have it installed on my wife and kid's machines, I run Debian Lenny(unstable, I added some repositories) on my machine at the moment, and dual boot with Windows XP, I'll eventually get around to buying a copy of Windows Seven, and will hopefully have a Mac Mini to play with in the very near future.

Thanks for what appears to be a great forum.

dragos240
January 21st, 2010, 08:31 PM
Hi there, just dropping in to introduce myself.

I've got almost 10 years experience in one form or another using GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows, and occasionally Mac OSX.

I'm an on again off again CS student who still needs to finish Calculus and Physics to move on.

I'm pretty laid back and mellow, though I am a bit opinionated on some subjects.

I think Ubuntu is a nice solid distro, and have it installed on my wife and kid's machines, I run Debian Lenny(unstable, I added some repositories) on my machine at the moment, and dual boot with Windows XP, I'll eventually get around to buying a copy of Windows Seven, and will hopefully have a Mac Mini to play with in the very near future.

Thanks for what appears to be a great forum.

It is! Welcome! Please, enjoy your stay. What other distros have you used in the past? I'm curious.

Gallahhad
January 21st, 2010, 08:35 PM
It is! Welcome! Please, enjoy your stay. What other distros have you used in the past? I'm curious.
I have used: Redhat, Mandrake, Coyote, Freesco, DSL, Gentoo, Arch, Ubuntu, and Debian; in no particular order.

I used Coyote to build a dial-up router back in the Windows 98SE days, then switched over to Freesco for the same purpose, that was one of the more fun projects I did when first getting into things.

Dayofswords
January 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
sup:D

fatcrab
January 21st, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hi.

n0dix
January 22nd, 2010, 07:38 AM
Hi there!. Welcome to the community

fatality_uk
January 22nd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Bonjour!

Khakilang
January 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
Selamat Datang (Welcome). I am new too. Its very informative here as far I know. Make your self at home like I do.

dragos240
January 22nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
I have used: Redhat, Mandrake, Coyote, Freesco, DSL, Gentoo, Arch, Ubuntu, and Debian; in no particular order.

I used Coyote to build a dial-up router back in the Windows 98SE days, then switched over to Freesco for the same purpose, that was one of the more fun projects I did when first getting into things.

Heh, I've used redhat on a virtualbox, arch on my system, DSL on my old laptop, ubuntu on my main computer as well as on the laptop, and debian as a short-lived usb OS. And currently I'm using gentoo as my main os.

ssj6akshat
January 22nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Namaste.

humphreybc
January 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hello Moon! You're up early.