PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Latest updates kill system AGAIN

The Pinny Parlour
January 21st, 2010, 11:32 AM
Hi all

I've lost count at how many times updates have come through and killed my Ubuntu, but it has happened again. (NEVER install updates).

System now boots to GRUB menu with a heap of images choices. Keyboard freezes... can't navigate to choose anything... I'm screwed. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

phillw
January 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hi,

are you running Wubi, 100% Ubuntu or a true dual boot ?

Regards,

Phill.

darkod
January 21st, 2010, 01:43 PM
Also, was this an upgrade or a clean install of 9.10? And are you running 9.10 at all?

I installed 9.10 as clean install as soon as it came out, 32bit version on my netbook and 64bit version on my desktop. I have done all updates it asked for, always. I have also done kernel updates 31-14 to 31-15, then 31-16 and 31-17.
Everything working fine here. And for a lot of other people. This is not something related to the updates only.

And as Phill mentioned, if you're running wubi and not ubuntu, that's a different story.

Grenage
January 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
System now boots to GRUB menu with a heap of images choices. Keyboard freezes..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Enable USB legacy support in the BIOS, or plug in a PS2 keyboard. You had this same issue one month ago.