PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing in low graphic mode?

faceless-21
January 21st, 2010, 02:39 AM
I had a problem with Virtual Box and so I tried to do an update and part way through my internet connection failed and after I rebooted it says that it must go into a low graphic mode(console mode) and I can not seem to fix it... I am not real sure how to fix it but figured if I could somehow revert back to previous graphics settings or drivers that would fix it but I cant figure out how to do that... Any ideas what to do?

Thanks for any help!

faceless-21
January 21st, 2010, 08:40 AM
Bump???

HugoSerrano
January 21st, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi.

Can you access the console? What graphical card you got?

faceless-21
January 21st, 2010, 05:04 PM
Yes I am able to log into a console, I have the Nvidia 6800go.

deadalus.globalnode
January 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM
You could try repairing the packages. Reboot and when it asks whether you want to start ubuntu generic or ubuntu with recovery choose recovery mode. It should boot into a screen that will give you the option of repairing with dpkg along with some other options. Choose repair. After it has finished reboot.

faceless-21
January 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hey deadalus I think I tried that but it needed me to be online and I have wireless only at the moment... Should it beable to recover from the CD?

deadalus.globalnode
January 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
I don't think so. It sounds like what happened is the dependencies for your updates got broken due to the loss of Internet. You need to get the same version of whatever is broken for it to repair. I think that there is a way to remove the broken packages but I would have to look it up.

Edit:
You could try
sudo aptitude -f remove
but I suggest you read this first
- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=186672