PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Title Bar

tshull
January 20th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I am a newbie, so bear with me. I have encountered a recent problem. I have searched and searched through the forums, and also have tried numerous ways of fixing it, but none have worked.
I have been using the Compiz manager to give me great effects. However, I must have selected something that changed a setting and cannot figure how to reverse it.
The "title bar" that is in most application windows can be customized with different colors and windows controls, I understand that. However, I can't seem to get mine to go back to one of the system defaults "Dust". Right now, with my System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects set to Custom, it has an orangish color, that it never had before, as well as different window controls (Minimize, Maximize, Close). When I try to go to Themes and select Dust, nothing changes. When I select Dust, then Customize, and try to change the windows controls to Dust, nothing changes. The only thing that will change is the color, but you still have the same ugly window controls. The only way I can make it go back to the way it should be is to go to System>Preferences>Appearance>Visual Effects and change it to "None". I don't want to do that though, because I enjoy the cool visual effects. Has anyone encountered this problem? Please help.

nothingspecial
January 20th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Try (and I don`t use compiz, I`m just guessing here)

killall emerald

tshull
January 20th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Try (and I don`t use compiz, I`m just guessing here)

killall emerald

Thanks for your response. After doing that it says

emerald: no process found

Anymore ideas?

dyess002
January 21st, 2010, 05:58 AM
Try going to the default theme which is ( Clearlooks )