PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Linux and OS in The Netherlands

Derek Djons
March 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
I've been thinking what I could do more in order to help out Linux and the OS movement. I don't see myself coding / developing since I simply lack the skills. But I've had some info websites in the past which run nice.\

In The Netherlands we are missing a real up-to-date and mainstream Linux info website. I've looked around and saw a great possibility for me to provide the community with news, info and columns.

Today I've finished brainstorming and set the first step in order to pursue that goal of mine. I've registered a domain name and webhosting. I'll keep you all posted and up-to-date.

nocturn
March 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
I'm in Belgium, so I'm very interested in your website.

When I have some free time again, I'm contemplating visiting as much libraries as I can in the neighberhood and put Ubuntu CD sets there (I will have to have meetings with the librarians to make them understand what it is and why it is both legal and a good idea).

ubuntu_demon
August 1st, 2006, 10:29 AM
Are you going to set this page up at www.dejerekdjons.nl ?

Firefox is unable to connect to www.djerekdjons.nl

NESFreak
August 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM
would be cool. i've also dumped some cd's at the library. Took quite some time explaining to them what it was. Maybe your site'll help all those who think i'm the all knowing master of linux, which they can use for unlimited support. Cause i'm not. I'm willing to help, but i've got a live aswell. Maybe i can do something to contribute to your effort?

ubuntu_demon
August 1st, 2006, 03:26 PM
There is an existing dutch Ubuntu community :

http://www.ubuntulinux.nl
http://forum.ubuntu-nl.org
irc : #ubuntu-nl @ freenode

OffHand
August 1st, 2006, 05:17 PM
would be cool. i've also dumped some cd's at the library. Took quite some time explaining to them what it was. Maybe your site'll help all those who think i'm the all knowing master of linux, which they can use for unlimited support. Cause i'm not. I'm willing to help, but i've got a live aswell. Maybe i can do something to contribute to your effort?

NESFreak, I have lived in 'Grunn' myself for almost 10 years :!:
It's a small world.