PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.10 new installation problem

mailtobanti
January 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Friends,
I am not being able to install Ubuntu 9.10 fresh. Last few days back I downloaded the ISO of Ubuntu 9.10. Whenever I am trtying to install that one, after booting from DVD its being stand displaying a single system info(General info of every installing time of ubuntu any version ) and BOOT:
After that nothing is going on. Whenever I am just entering anything its showing an error message something like kernel not found.
I think its not being able to get kernel path.

Please help me to fix this problem.
Thank you.

cs3gallery
January 20th, 2010, 05:42 PM
This is actually very interesting because I am having the same issue with the new version. It will not let me boot after installation. Lets see what others say on this forum.

phillw
January 20th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums,

I guess the first thing to check out is the option from the LiveCD (dvd in your case) to have the system check the CD/DVD is okay and has no errors on it.

Regards,

Phill.

cs3gallery
January 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Hey thank you! Anyways, I did do the check and everything says it is ok.. what is odd about this is 9.04 installation works like a charm. But after I downloaded 9.10 a few days ago it just will not boot. I tried it on other computers as well. I think their is some serious issue with possibly some corrupted files with the ubuntu release. Is anyone else having this problem after downloading from a few days ago? Oh and this is the server version.. I have not test the desktop version yet.

mailtobanti
January 20th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I tried to install desktop version. Same problem.

Sylslay
January 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM
install 9.04 and upgrade to 9.10
Alt+F2 and type update-manager -d