PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] mounting and using an ext3 hard drive on Win 7 computer

akrobert
January 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM
hello
thanks in advance for the help

I have 2 computers, one running ubuntu 9.10 Karmic and the other runs Windows 7.

I have several sata hard drives that I keep files on. They are all formatted ext3. I have a blacx sata to usb dock on my ubuntu computer that I use to go through files and back up and such. I have a usb to sata dock on the windows 7 machine.

When I plug in the hard drive Windows says that it has to be formatted and the drive is "raw"

I can check the drive in ubuntu and everything is right

I tried installing ext2fsd and it sees the drive but wont let me select any file type or mount it. I think because its going through the usb port.

So how can I make windows 7 see and be able to access an ext3 formatted drive thats plugged into the usb port?

thanks
Robert

sefs
December 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
hello
thanks in advance for the help

I have 2 computers, one running ubuntu 9.10 Karmic and the other runs Windows 7.

I have several sata hard drives that I keep files on. They are all formatted ext3. I have a blacx sata to usb dock on my ubuntu computer that I use to go through files and back up and such. I have a usb to sata dock on the windows 7 machine.

When I plug in the hard drive Windows says that it has to be formatted and the drive is "raw"

I can check the drive in ubuntu and everything is right

I tried installing ext2fsd and it sees the drive but wont let me select any file type or mount it. I think because its going through the usb port.

So how can I make windows 7 see and be able to access an ext3 formatted drive thats plugged into the usb port?

thanks
Robert

I see this marked as solved but no answer.

intelligence storm
January 3rd, 2012, 11:37 PM
please could someone mention how to solve it ](*,)](*,)
I've tried all programs but No one did it !!
the programs available which no one doing well
explore2fs-1.08
Linux_Reader
ext2explore-2.2.71
ext2ifs-0.3
Ext2Fsd-0.5
>>>>>please help

nothingspecial
January 3rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Please start a new thread rather than bumping an old one to the top.

Closed.