PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cursors/pointers problem in 9.10

nightspades
January 20th, 2010, 04:12 AM
I am running ubuntu 9.10 on a dell mini 10v. I am experienced in running themes and xsplashes, but for some reason i can not successfully install pointers.

I drag and drop the pointer themes to the appearance window found from System>Prefrences>Appearances. When i click customize i see that the pointers i instatlled are there, however when i choose them it doesn't work properly, if i go over text or resize a window i see the new pointers but the main pointer always stays the default white. How do i fix this?

drr1970
November 15th, 2010, 04:40 AM
I am running ubuntu 9.10 on a dell mini 10v. I am experienced in running themes and xsplashes, but for some reason i can not successfully install pointers.

I drag and drop the pointer themes to the appearance window found from System>Prefrences>Appearances. When i click customize i see that the pointers i instatlled are there, however when i choose them it doesn't work properly, if i go over text or resize a window i see the new pointers but the main pointer always stays the default white. How do i fix this?

if you are using compiz you need to open compiz (ccsm)
1 goto the general group
2 goto the general options box
3 on the general tab (should be first when you click on general box)
4 goto where it says "cursor Theme"
5 Change the theme to the exact title of the one you want to use( check if there are capital letters)