PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can I disable the copy/paste with the mouse ?

Flexx35
January 20th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Hello

I am a Windows user and I really want to use Ubuntu now !

But there is one thing that disturb me : the automatic copy to clipboard of the mouse selection !

For exemple, I often need to copy a word of a part of text and to paste it on another part of text to replace it.
With Windows, I select the text to copy, I press Ctrl-C to copy it into the clipboard, then I select the part of text to replace and I press Ctrl-V to paste.
With Linux it is impossible to select the part of text to be replaced because it would overwrite the clipboard with this selection !

Could you tell me if it is possible to disable the automatic copy to clipboard of the mouse selection and how to do it please ?

If it not possible, it would be very useful to add this kind of configuration in the next version of Ubuntu. I know that we are many people to have the same problem.

Thanks a lot

Flexx

kostkon
January 20th, 2010, 04:08 AM
This is not happening to me, actually only in X-Chat. What apps are you running?

sgosnell
January 20th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Are you by chance using klipper, or parcellite, or another clipboard manager? That's the only way I know of for the actions you list, and you can change that in the preferences of the app.

Marlonsm
January 20th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Here Ubuntu is actually using two clipboards, one for Crt+C/Ctrl+V and other for Selection/Middle-Click.

I don't know what could make it behave like that...