PDA

View Full Version : The model of this Dell laptop?

makaki
January 20th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Hi guys, does anybody know the model of this Dell laptop? I really like its design and i'm thinking to get one.

Please this is highly important to me.

Psumi
January 20th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Could just get a thinkpad ;) They have that little round thing in the middle of the keyboard too.

makaki
January 20th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Oh I guess it's not available anymore cuz I can see the WinXP label on it. i.e (designed for WinXP).

So I think it's too old.

makaki
January 20th, 2010, 01:08 AM
hehehhehe but this one is blue. Also the design is more beautiful.

Psumi
January 20th, 2010, 01:09 AM
hehehhehe but this one is blue. Also the design is more beautiful.

Might want to try the thinkpad edge.

Head on over to lenovo.com

Icehuck
January 20th, 2010, 01:15 AM
It's a dell latitude laptop. Hard to tell from the picture but I want to say a latitude d630. Though all of those in that line look similar now. Though they made them more of a pain in the butt to take apart.

It's an older model from what they currently offer. try dell outlet?

pirateghost
January 20th, 2010, 01:25 AM
it looks like a latitude D430. the 430 had the power button on the side just like the one in the picture. my son has one running 9.10 UNR.

pnutzh4x0r
January 20th, 2010, 01:27 AM
That is a Dell D420/D430 (I know, because I have the exact same machine as in the picture). Probably don't have many left in Dell outlet (it's a pretty old model), but you can always buy second hand on ebay or something for around $200-300.

MasterNetra
January 20th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I thought it looked like a latitude model. I gots a D530. Top layout is differant though, my power button is close to the midde a tad to the right on a back oval button like backing amongest a strip of silver. but meh.

pirateghost
January 20th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I thought it looked like a latitude model. I gots a D530. Top layout is differant though, my power button is close to the midde a tad to the right on a back oval button like backing amongest a strip of silver. but meh.
you also have a cd/dvd drive built into the laptop. the d420/430's had the option of a dock that covered the whole bottom of the laptop or an external usb drive. without the drive, they are very thin