PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite travel destination?

sandyd
January 19th, 2010, 06:18 AM
^^
this

Im currently heading towards San Fransisco. (Band's On Tour)
And im sitting on the side of a park with the trailer, hoping that the police wont tow us.

So, for me i really don't have any favorite travel destination, just anywhere will do fine ;). However, i still kinda like Australia that year i went with my cousin whos doing research there. The coral reefs are actually really pretty :)

judge jankum
January 19th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Anywhere I can wander of into the wilderness and pan for gold...
We don't tour again till spring :popcorn:

skierkyles
January 19th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Anywhere thats not flat...

But my favorite destination is definitely SLC Utah

lisati
January 19th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I don't have any particular favourite place to visit. I visited a lot of places in New Zealand with my family in my younger days (1960s and 1970s), as well as going on a world trip in 1971. More recently (2006) I visited the Gold Coast in Australia with my in-laws.

toupeiro
January 19th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Rio. I love it there. Heading back Christmas of this year.

Khakilang
January 19th, 2010, 08:11 AM
New Zealand. Great outdoor, fresh air and beautiful scenery.

The Toxic Mite
January 19th, 2010, 08:54 AM
The beautiful village of Le Gasquet, southern France :)

fromthehill
January 19th, 2010, 09:12 AM
!(work)

gnomeuser
January 19th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Brazil, it's such a fascinating place and it currently holds the woman I love (thus explaining a large part of the appeal).

It's one of those places where as poor sod like myself can go and live like a wealthy man even on what would otherwise be a strapped budget. There is tons of fresh fruit (a rarity in Denmark), juices, good food and excellent people. I love going, I just wish I could speak the language since they clearly do not put to much value in English nor Danish. It does feel some what unsafe and corrupt at times but once you walk past a computer store and see that they sell Linux preinstalled machines you smile onces more and remember that they are on the right path.

toupeiro
January 19th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Brazil, it's such a fascinating place and it currently holds the woman I love (thus explaining a large part of the appeal).

It's one of those places where as poor sod like myself can go and live like a wealthy man even on what would otherwise be a strapped budget. There is tons of fresh fruit (a rarity in Denmark), juices, good food and excellent people. I love going, I just wish I could speak the language since they clearly do not put to much value in English nor Danish. It does feel some what unsafe and corrupt at times but once you walk past a computer store and see that they sell Linux preinstalled machines you smile onces more and remember that they are on the right path.

I dont know that I agree very much at all with the lack of value in English. Can't speak for Danish. I'm a dual-national and my Portuguese gets pretty broken over time from lack of use, but I can fall back to English when I'm really struggling and most people understand me just fine. I guess it depends on where in Brazil you are. :)

underquark
January 19th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Fly into Christchurch, unwind for a few days in Hanmer Springs, fly to Auckland taking in a bus tour, Sky Tower and MOTAT. Hire a car and drive down the North Island via Rotorua, Taranaki, Foxton (for the windmill), Hutt Valley and Wellington (Te Papa, Botanic Gardens, observatory). South Island for the scenery, wildlife and beer.

Chilli Bob
January 19th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Another vote for New Zealand from me. For example....

Fly to Christchurch, bus to Arthurs Pass, stay at the YHA, down to Franz Joseph, walk the glacier, hike to welcome flat, sit in the hot spring and be attacked by sandflies, to Haast, hike in at the pass for a few days, then up to Wanaka, bum beside the lake for a couple of days, go to the movies at Cinema Paradiso. Then to Queenstown, maybe Hike the Routeburn again, back via Caples this time. Back on the bus to Te Anau, bum by the lake a couple of days, do a hike, maybe Hollyford this time. On the bus again to Invercargil, ferry to Stewart Island. 12 days of knee deep mud then back to Oban for fish and chips at South Sea Hotel. Back to Invercargil, over to Hump Ridge Track. Then back to Christchurch with a couple of days in Dunedin on the way.

The perfect way to spend a few weeks.

scouser73
January 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Stronsay, which is in the Orkney Islands. Peaceful & relaxing.

AllenGG
January 19th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Sailing in the Bahamas !
Known as the "Family Islands", possibly some of the best scenery in the world, from the crystal waters and shiny beaches, and pleasant little towns , a place to relax.
The best is Andros. Look at it on Google Earth.
Would I live on an island ? nooo.
Allen, from Mazatlan :cool:

sports fan Matt
January 19th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Favorite? Not sure ..Would love to visit Australia or Ireland.

KegHead
January 19th, 2010, 05:49 PM
aca
pvr
hnl
sfo

Mornedhel
January 19th, 2010, 05:54 PM
aca
pvr
hnl
sfo

Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Honolulu, San Francisco ?

Marlonsm
January 19th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I usually stay in Brazil, going to other coutries is too expensive.

People here don't really care about speaking other languages, as you could see. The only language they try is Spanish, as it's very close to Portuguese.
But the country has many different parts, if you go to the north-east (Salvador, Recife, Natal) and go to the south-east or south (Rio, Santos, Florianópolis) you'll have totally different experiences, for example.

And, BTW, those Linux machines aren't worth it, they put in a bad distro and even include the drivers for Windows, the idea (even the vendors say it) is to remove Linux and install a pirated Windows. Some of the machines don't even work properly with the Linux they come with.