PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Eclipse PDT 'New Project' Wizard Not Behaving Properly

bkann
January 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi -

I've used Eclipse PDT several times on-and-off over the years. I installed it today on my current 9.04 installation and I'm getting some unusual behavior in one a couple of places, for example...

When I go File > New > PHP Project, the "Next" buttons are barely responsive. That is, I may have to click "Next" about 30 times to get it to move to the next screen. The button does highlight as you would expect it to do. I don't know if it's the software responding slowly (CPU utilization does not increase), or if something else is happening, but I'm completely at a loss on this one.

This is also happening, for example, with some of the Window > Preferences buttons, but not all of them.

Has anyone else seen this? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

eewoz
January 19th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Hi -

I've used Eclipse PDT several times on-and-off over the years. I installed it today on my current 9.04 installation and I'm getting some unusual behavior in one a couple of places, for example...

When I go File > New > PHP Project, the "Next" buttons are barely responsive. That is, I may have to click "Next" about 30 times to get it to move to the next screen. The button does highlight as you would expect it to do. I don't know if it's the software responding slowly (CPU utilization does not increase), or if something else is happening, but I'm completely at a loss on this one.

This is also happening, for example, with some of the Window > Preferences buttons, but not all of them.

Has anyone else seen this? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have had similar problems. Two things worked for me. The quick one is to click a button by hovering over the button with the mouse and press Enter. The second one is to type
export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true
before running Eclipse from the command line.

bkann
January 19th, 2010, 05:08 AM
That's great information, eewoz. Thanks very much for your quick response!

I ended up creating eclipse.sh and putting your line first, then calling Eclipse. Works perfectly.

Thanks again!