PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Your Unfinished Projects~

tarvtarv
January 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM
How many times have you followed a tutorial or looked at a help file or a man page and gone "Hey this would be easy enough, and will save me heaps of time in the long run"

Then the real fun begins! How easy it is to get sidetracked in the world of learning Linux,

No matter how small of a project; Put your unfinished business up here and lets see if we can give each other a hand to finish those little projects you initially thought, would be so easy...

1. I followed a GTK tutorial to build a simple text editor with glade and then gcc to build it, easy but I made a decision at the start of the tutorial 'The author offered two languages C and Python ' so I chose python and installed all the IDE and dependencies.
I get to the third chapter and come to build the thing, following all instruction to the T. Something weird when i ran the tutorial.py The system takes two screen shots on the working directory and names one sys and the other from memory is gtk both the files are postscript it happens without fail every time i run the tutorial.py file

So that put me of it a bit cause i have enough trouble fixing something small let alone a whole development environment..

Thanks in advance, Hope you solve yours too

EDIT: <finish tutorial.py Tasque is now 12 days overdue>

tarvtarv
January 21st, 2010, 10:39 AM
bump