PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Remove underlined letters

Ubom
January 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Does anybody know how to remove the underlining from letters on KDE (on menus and buttons for keyboard shortcuts I think)? I am currently running Kde4.4. If this can not be done through KDE would it be possible to modify the actual font itself to remove the underlining option? I never use the keyboard to navigate and with the font I am using the underlining seems to touch the letters themselves.
Also, on a side note, does anybody know what the command is to bring up the "loguout, turn off computer and restart" menu (the one that comes up when Ctrl+alt+del) are pressed?

bamdad.khan
July 9th, 2010, 06:16 PM
yes, i'd like to know that, too, but it seems after an hour of digging through the options, that there's no way of doing it short of recompiling something.

if somewhere _is_ an option, i'd really like to know. kde is supposed to look flashy and nice. never liked it, but it's getting there. but those menu accelerators look roadkill!

nerdy_kid
November 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Any one managed to figure this out? Really obnoxious imo, all the QT apps have underlined letters in the dialog boxes and menus :(

nerdy_kid
November 29th, 2011, 02:34 PM
to answer my own question; as of QT 4.6.1 the QGtkStyle respects gtk-enable-mnemonics, so to disable the stupid underlined letters everywhere:

echo "gtk-enable-mnemonics = 0" > ~/.gtkrc-2.0 && cp ~/.gtkrc-2.0 ~/.gtkrc-3.0

done!

[edit]
you need to log out and back in for the changes to affect all applications.

pventura
August 30th, 2012, 04:08 PM
This is an option in KDE.
To change this option:

Open the System Settings to configure Style
Make sure you’ve selected the widget style Oxygen
Click on Configure…
Click on Show Advanced Configuration Options
In the first tab (General), select an option for Keyboard accelerators visibility and select: Show Keyboard Accelerators When Needed (only shown when holding down Alt)or Always Hide Keyboard Accelerators

Click on OK

Toz
August 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Rest in peace, old thread.
Closed.