PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nautilus does not apply Human-Clearlooks theme

adit
January 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I tried to apply Human-Clearlooks theme by going to
Main Menu --> System --> Preferences --> Appearance
and selecting Human-Clearlooks theme. All applications accepted the theme well. But only nautilus does not accept the the theme. Whenever I right-click some icon inside the nautilus window, the context menu has blue color highlighting instead of brown color highlighting as expected. But the title bar of nautilus is brown in color.
I am using Ubuntu 9.10

adit
January 19th, 2010, 10:51 AM
However if I kill nautilus and restart nautilus, I see nautilus applying the theme correctly. Each time I login, nautilus has wrong theme applied to it. Where exactly the problem lies?

m374nch0714
January 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Try to delete it then apply another theme then download the theme (more likely in deviantart or gnome-look) then install it again.

vladev
May 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Exactly the same problem here - using 10.04. Killing are restarting nautilius makes it honour the theme - otherwise it just looks ugly (no matter what theme I select).

robsablah
July 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM
same issue here
- reinstalled - no dice
not to sure what may happen if i do a complete removal (spend ages getting my desktop right, for the second time)

robsablah
July 8th, 2010, 11:28 AM
same issue here
- reinstalled - no dice
not to sure what may happen if i do a complete removal (spend ages getting my desktop right, for the second time)

solution is here, worked straight away:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1483838