PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems after upgrade...

keylog
January 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Hi everyone,
i updated my machine to 36-10 kernel with alpha2, from 36-7 kernel with alpha1. Then some problems appears. One of them isi can't mount any disk, machine says me you are not authorized. :) i look users-admin all the boxes are unticked, and i can't thick them. It gives me an error like this.
keylog@keylog-laptop:~$ sudo users-admin
[sudo] password for keylog:

(users-admin:5747): Liboobs-CRITICAL **: oobs_group_add_user: assertion `OOBS_IS_GROUP (group)' failed

And another important problem is boot time. Machine booting too late, over 5 minutes. I edited grup and closed quiet splash, but when it's waiting there no text. My messages log is here. http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m7fe7648a

What can i do? :(

Braytonio
January 22nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
I also have this problem after upgrade to Lucid. I was very confused as user settings I entered through the GNOME Users & Groups managers did not seem to take, so I ran it from the command line and received the same error while trying to give a user administrative privileges.

(users-admin:2267): Liboobs-CRITICAL **: oobs_group_add_user: assertion `OOBS_IS_GROUP (group)' failed

It would be nice if the GUI would be candid with me and pop up saying, "I failed in the assignment you gave me."

The command line options for user management I find utterly confusing. This does not seem to accomplish what I intended, which was to give user obicho administrative rights:

sudo usermod -g admin obicho

typing id obicho yields:

uid=1000(obicho) gid=115(admin) groups=115(admin),4(adm),20(dialout),21(fax),24(cd rom),25(floppy),26(tape),29(audio),30(dip),44(vide o),46(plugdev),106(fuse),107(lpadmin),120(sambasha re)

That is, obicho is a card-carrying member of admin. But is he? I will try to log in as him and see if he can really sudo.

Braytonio
January 22nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Additional note: The user and session control icons on the right-hand side of the top panel, when clicked, display no options, such as Log Out or Restart or the status of the user.

keylog
January 22nd, 2010, 06:07 PM
When i update my ubuntu again, privileges are solved but still new kernels boots up too late :(