PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] start hulu full-screen

fuzzyworbles
January 17th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Hey, does anybody know how to start an application full screen? is there a switch that's not dependent on the application itself to make this happen?

you see, i've integrated hulu desktop into mythtv, but the stupid thing starts in a window and i've gotta dig out a keyboard to maximize it. really, i'd like it to start full screen.

i'm using xfce if that makes a difference.

note: hulu desktop doesn't seem to have a "full screen" switch that can be passed to the command/binary itself.

woop, on a lark, i added "--fullscreen' to the command and wham-o. full screen. is this sh*t even documented? c'mon hulu.

weroiu
January 31st, 2010, 04:58 AM
Hey,

I know this program http://www.macroexpress.com/ allows you to record a macro, like your mouse clicking somewhere on your screen.

I suppose you could assign a macro to make the video full screen for you by clicking a single key. Then you could sit back and watch the macro make it full screen for you.

This is not ideally of course.

Have you found anything else?

Thanks

fuzzyworbles
January 31st, 2010, 05:22 PM
no, the --fullscreen switch works with hulu desktop just fine. to close it though, i have to change a key binding in lircrc to send alt+f4. all is good.