PDA

View Full Version : Anyone free to help me get some stuff working in IE? ._.

hoppipolla
January 16th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Dude I hate this bl***y browser ._. lol

It breaks like EVERYTHING...

W3c, non-w3c, Firefox and Chrome happy as anything, hell even Konqueror could probably do this, IE... no no no ._.

So is anyone free maybes? It would really help me out :)

Cheers ma dudes, hope you're all having kick*** Saturday afternoons! :)

Hoppi!

k64
January 16th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I must respectfully agree that IE is nothing other than a move to eliminate competition. So was *******. So was Mac OS X11!

schauerlich
January 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM
In before recurring and MS/IE bashing and "Why don't you just use FF/Opera/Chrome/uzbl"

EDIT: ****, already some MS bashing. They're quick!

hoppipolla
January 16th, 2010, 07:03 PM
In before recurring and MS/IE bashing and "Why don't you just use FF/Opera/Chrome/uzbl"

EDIT: ****, already some MS bashing. They're quick!

No of COURSE I use Chrome/Firefox, but unfortunately much of the world still uses IE7/8, some even use IE6! *shudders!*

So yeah... that's my situation! I am SO close to getting this working though!

CharlesA
January 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM
What are you doing exactly? I assume creating a page that IE doesn't like.

gletob
January 16th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Good Luck

v8YKxgHe
January 16th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Just because code may validate does not mean it will display the same in all browser, remember that. It is very easy to create crap HTML and CSS while being valid, doesn't mean you're doing it the right way.

Besides, no one can help with no information other than asking for help. By guess is to swap line 36 with 84 and put a } at line 21.

gradinaruvasile
January 16th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Maybe install ies4linux?

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

May be indicated as an attack site by firefox/chrome.

hoppipolla
January 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Just because code may validate does not mean it will display the same in all browser, remember that. It is very easy to create crap HTML and CSS while being valid, doesn't mean you're doing it the right way.

Besides, no one can help with no information other than asking for help. By guess is to swap line 36 with 84 and put a } at line 21.

oh this is terrible, terrible, horrible, disastrous code, but as long as it works in IE7/8, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari I don't mind hehe :)

(there'll always be time for tidying it up fully some other time, for now I just want it to work really :) )

I mean, if anyone would like to help then I could get the details to you it's only a little chunk of code :)

phrostbyte
January 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM
IMO, just code to Firefox/Chrome/IE8, it will make your life easier.

I don't think it's a big deal to ignore they exist. A lot of sites these days are dropping support for IE6, and IE7 marketshare is dropping like a rock, so you might as well ignore that one too.

More then likely your site will functionally work in IE7/IE6 anyway, it just might have some graphical glitches.