PDA

View Full Version : Great job Ubuntu

carlosgs91
January 16th, 2010, 05:24 PM

k64
January 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I want to thank you a lot for this distribution. You've made the drivers part incredible well.

I have all my stuff working in my laptop, and I hadn't to do anything difficult to get it working. Some things work with free drivers, and others with non-free drivers but everything work perfect.

Today I bought a printer with scan and I thought it would be difficult to set it up but it was really simple indeed. I've plugged in the printer, I went to "printing" and I clicked in add printer, I selected mine, the program downloaded the drivers and it worked perfectly. For scanning I just had to download a scan program, there're a lot so I'm still looking for the best for me.

I live in Lake Forest, California, USA, and had a similar experience. The only piece of hardware that didn't work with Ubuntu on my desktop (home-built) was my TV tuner (ATI TV Wonder 650). Everything else worked (including my Linksys wireless network adapter [WMP600N]).

I personally LOVE Linux. It has much more hardware support than previously. Even versions of Ubuntu differ greatly: Ubuntu "Hardy Heron" didn't support my Acer Aspire One's built-in network adapter. Jaunty Jackalope and Karmic Koala did. So does Lucid Lynx Alpha 2!