PDA

View Full Version : Am I stupid? Or does KDE not want me to file these bugs?

Roasted
January 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I registered to the KDE bug web site using the email address myemailaddress@gmail.com.

It gave me the login name (which was optional) "jason" that I typed in.

It said successful, I can now log in. I click log in and "jason" and the password I typed originally were already in there. I hit log in. Failed.

I typed myemailaddress@gmail.com as my username - failed.
I typed jason again as my username - failed.

Now I'm just pissed, because I'm trying to file 2 bugs and yet I can't even seem to get to the registration portion of it. What do I need to do to log into this site??

MasterNetra
January 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Try making sure the password is correct by carefully typing it as well. And note its probably cap sensitive. Passwords for sure are. Login I believe may also be.

Roasted
January 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Try making sure the password is correct by carefully typing it as well. And note its probably cap sensitive. Passwords for sure are. Login I believe may also be.

My password is all lower case to begin with. It's the same password I use for several other things. I also hit "forgot password" and had them reset it. Still no dice. Awesome.

MasterNetra
January 16th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Well your login for launchpad I believe is your email address that you used for it. Wither or not your entering in the correct email address...

Roasted
January 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Well your login for launchpad I believe is your email address that you used for it. Wither or not your entering in the correct email address...

I don't think I ever registered to launchpad?? I just went to bugs.kde.org and hit create account. Went through all of this stuff and here I can't get in.

Skripka
January 16th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't think I ever registered to launchpad?? I just went to bugs.kde.org and hit create account. Went through all of this stuff and here I can't get in.

It should be your email addy, and the password you chose.

Roasted
January 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
It should be your email addy, and the password you chose.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3070/snapshot1f.th.png (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/snapshot1f.png/)

MasterNetra
January 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Does it give you a option to sign up for a account from notifications. I personally forgot. I have sense switched back to Ubuntu.