PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lexmark x4550

iainmellis
January 16th, 2010, 02:27 PM
I was hoping that lexmark might have some drivers for this but they sent this reply: I read it as we can'tbe bothered to write drivers for linux. Anyone have a work around for the x4550??

Thank you for contacting Lexmark Email Support Team. We are working to assist you as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience; if immediate support is needed please visit our website at: http://support.lexmark.com to review other Lexmark Support options.

I regret to inform you that the hardware technology of this printer would not support the 32/64 bit processes of the Linux operating system. That is why there are no Linux drivers developed for this printer model, only Windows and Mac. However, our web site shows a lot of printer models to choose from that will definitely work with it. If you decide to purchase another Lexmark printer, we will give you a 20% discount for any printer of your choice as a token of appreciation for patronizing our product. It will be our pleasure to send you the email confirmation once you call this number, 1 800 539-6275 (1-800-LEXMARK) which is our Technical Phone Support Department to avail of the discount. We’re open Mon - Fri: 8 am - 11 pm; Sat & Sun: 11 am - 8 pm, Eastern Standard Time. Please take note of your reference # for this communication

To respond, please select "Reply" in your e-mail software, and be sure that the past e-mail is included in this reply.

[AOL Users: In order to include the previous e-mail, you must highlight it with your mouse when you are replying.]

If your e-mail client automatically deletes prior e-mail thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history. If this is the case you may want to save the old e-mails as attachments and attach them to the current e-mail.

Sincerely,
Evangeline
Lexmark eSupport Team
http://support.lexmark.com

**********Original Message**********
I would like to set up a wireless connection to my x4550 printer from my laptop running Ubuntu 9.10. Is there any linux drivers available for me to do this?