PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] disappeared application windows

corky383
January 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm running Ubuntu Ibex and lately the behavior is slightly erratic. When i minimise a browser window or thunderbird window, no matter how many apps i minimise they end up as one skinny line on the menubar. So that in actual fact i can only reopen(maximise) the last app that i minimised. I have changed any browser setting or anything.
Also the top menubar sometimes goes walkabout to the left or right even though its supposed to be locked down.

any ideas??

hariks0
January 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Why don't you post a screenshot to make things clearer? Also verify whether the applet that lists your windows is "Window List" or "Window Selector".

corky383
January 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM
here's a screenshot, the minimized windows are to the left of the date, you are doing well if you can see that slender line!!
Not sure what you meant about windows selector? list?

hariks0
January 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Oh, It seems that you have put the window list applet between two other applets. Try moving it to the right of Evolution so that it will have enough space to display all of your open windows. Or add a new window list applet to the right of Evolution and remove the existing one at left of the clock.

Hope this resolves your problem.

corky383
January 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
yes you were spot on, a simple solution after all! and now i know that there is also the option of a window selector menu, brilliant. Thanks again.