PDA

View Full Version : linsux?

Jackzor
January 15th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Can someone explain the point in this website

And why people on this site would talk so much trash about ubuntu?

Sand & Mercury
January 15th, 2010, 08:10 AM
If forums in the Linux community were bands, Linsux would be the Sex Pistols.

NoaHall
January 15th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Because some of them (mainly) dislike the Ubuntu community, especially newbies who think it's the best thing in the world and try to convert the world. If you don't like it, close your eyes and pretend it isn't there. People are allowed different opinions, ones which don't match yours, or even clash with yours. Get over it. The internet isn't owned by you. When it is, let me know, k?

CJ Master
January 15th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Because some of them (mainly) dislike the Ubuntu community, especially newbies who think it's the best thing in the world and try to convert the world.

What, it isn't?! Blasphemy!

TuckLive
January 15th, 2010, 08:12 AM
They mainly hate on people who think Linux is the only OS and that everybody should use Linux regardless of something else working better for them.

Don't start a thread here of UF gushing Linux because they will link to it on their site. :-$

schauerlich
January 15th, 2010, 08:22 AM
In before Kiwi and lock, again (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=8650764&postcount=2).

Giant Speck
January 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
It's just a site with some people on it.

OMG I DON'T LIKE THIS SHUT IT DOWN

The Toxic Mite
January 15th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I do agree that Linsux can be pretty volatile at times, especially when it comes to UF members accusing them of trolling (not naming any but I have seen it before ;))

But that doesn't stop me from being a member of Linsux.

PurposeOfReason
January 15th, 2010, 08:51 AM
They are people just doing there thing. I really couldn't care what other people do as long as it's keeping them happy and not destructive (and when they did their visit thing, most of them were very well behaved, more so than others here).

Giant Speck
January 15th, 2010, 09:20 AM
kill your grandmother, rape your mother, and make you call it father

Yeah, because saying things like that is far more appropriate.

Warpnow
January 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah, because saying things like that is far more appropriate.

I was trying to be humorous. ;)

My post had nothing to do with appropriateness...so I don't see how its relevent. The truth is that while people say Linsux are just against fanboyism or whatever, they raise it to its own kind of fanboyism.

~sHyLoCk~
January 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM
nice forum

KiwiNZ
January 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Open source is meant to be about freedom ... yes

Therefore the folks at Linsux are free to create their own home the Web. Its their right and their freedom.

Respect that please.

With that and in the interest of goodwill ... thread closed