PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Expose in Mac OS X

nerdtron
January 15th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I usually have a lot of open windows when I'm on Linux. I saw this feature when my classmate showed me his Mac Book running Snow Leopard. Whenever he hover his mouse to the top-right most part of the screen, all of the open applications will show up. And then he can click any window he like to bring it in front. Something like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Exposeleopardall.png
It's called Expose in Mac OSX. Can I achieve the same effect in Ubuntu? How?:popcorn:
Thanks in advance!

Linuxforall
January 15th, 2010, 07:28 AM
You can achieve something closer with emerald window decorator. You can use the scroll button to roll up your windows or use the shade window button on the top left to do same.

bedhead75
January 15th, 2010, 07:35 AM
It's equivalent to the "scale" plugin in Compiz. I use it all the time. Install compizconfig-settings-manager and run it configure your settings. I think scale is listed in the windows management section and you can customize your triggers.

hariks0
January 15th, 2010, 10:46 AM
You can use both ccsm-->Window Management--> Scale--> Corner Binding [With a monitor icon]

or

Ubuntu tweak to set the corner binding.

I use Right bottom for this feature [Called 'Show windows' in Ubuntu Tweak]

You can do a lot more with compiz. Follow the link at my signature.

nerdtron
January 15th, 2010, 03:41 PM
It's equivalent to the "scale" plugin in Compiz. I use it all the time. Install compizconfig-settings-manager and run it configure your settings. I think scale is listed in the windows management section and you can customize your triggers.

You can use both ccsm-->Window Management--> Scale--> Corner Binding [With a monitor icon]

or

Ubuntu tweak to set the corner binding.

I use Right bottom for this feature [Called 'Show windows' in Ubuntu Tweak]

You can do a lot more with compiz. Follow the link at my signature.

Wow! Great! Now I know the secret. Thanks a bunch! One more thing.. Its really cool!

hariks0
January 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
One more thing. Right click on any window toggles zoom. That is, you can use right click to bring a window to front without giving it focus. If you need another window right click again the window goes back.:popcorn: