PDA

View Full Version : I fear for Zimbra

kevin11951
January 15th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Zimbra has just been acquired by Vmware... and then there's this: http://boycottnovell.com/2010/01/05/carol-bartz-throws-zimbra/

Zimbra is almost the only thing that makes Linux workable as a replacement for exchange server. Maybe not any more? :(

Daisuke_Aramaki
January 15th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Boycottnovell! I wouldn't trust anything that's on that site. Bunch or morons, that's exactly what they are.

FuturePilot
January 15th, 2010, 05:58 AM
lol boycottnovell. The place to go if you need a strong dose of FUD.

RiceMonster
January 15th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Boycottnovell! I wouldn't trust anything that's on that site. Bunch or morons, that's exactly what they are.

/thread

Perturbed Penguin
January 15th, 2010, 06:03 AM
I do believe boycotting Novell would be very foolish.

kevin11951
January 15th, 2010, 06:04 AM
ya ya, boycott novell, but it is true that they were sold, that part is scary in of itself, the boycott novell site is just a little fear for thought. ;)

dmizer
January 15th, 2010, 06:05 AM
From Vmware (http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/zimbra.html):

VMware plans to support existing Zimbra products and open source efforts while further optimizing Zimbra products for vSphere-based cloud infrastructure, alongside Microsoft, IBM and other messaging and collaboration solutions.

kevin11951
January 15th, 2010, 06:07 AM
From Vmware (http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/zimbra.html):

its all a lie to get you to trust them! they are really going to use the source code to sell off bits and pieces to the Russian mod who will then use it to kill kittens!!! don't you see that!?

Daisuke_Aramaki
January 15th, 2010, 06:09 AM
ya ya, boycott novell, but it is true that they were sold, that part is scary in of itself, the boycott novell site is just a little fear for thought. ;)

business deals happen all the time. people still talk about mysql after oracle got sun. it's better to wait and see how such deals develop, before pressing the panic button and talking utter crap about how microsoft was behind all of it, which is exactly what that fictitious website does.

Fear? I read boycottnovell frequently just for giggles.

Daisuke_Aramaki
January 15th, 2010, 06:10 AM
its all a lie to get you to trust them! they are really going to use the source code to sell off bits and pieces to the Russian mod who will then use it to kill kittens!!! don't you see that!?

nobody's stopping you from being worried. So go ahead.

phrostbyte
January 15th, 2010, 06:14 AM
VMware is pretty friendly to the Linux community. They are the primary developers of Gallium3D, the next-generation graphics framework for Linux.

phrostbyte
January 15th, 2010, 06:17 AM
This will actually be good for Zimbra IMHO. VMWare is in a better position to sell Zimbra then Yahoo ever was, since VMWare's primary customers are enterprises. And so is Zimbra's. "Synergy", as the pointy haired ones like to say.