PDA

View Full Version : sale and no product

itsalesguru
January 15th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I palced order for an 1.5 TB WD external hard drive. When I checked on Status yesterday, it estimated delivery for Jan 27-2010. I sent them an email and got one back saying the unit is back order and if need it faster call sales. I did call sale today and was told, the unit is discountinued by WD, and they really do not know if they are goign to be able to fulfill the order, but If I want they can send me a 1 TB driver for same price?

this is the seconed time this has happaned. I am a business owner, this is a genius way of getting cheap cash flow into company, advertise a rediculas price, then get 1000's ordered and paid for. But after two three weeks just simply cancel it, as it stated it in their agreement and have given them the right to that.

does anyone have any thought on this?

Desert Sailor
January 15th, 2010, 02:03 AM
You never said who you ordered from. But if you stick with the big kids, NewEgg, TigerDirect, Geeks You won't have these problems.

pwnst*r
January 15th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I palced order for an 1.5 TB WD external hard drive. When I checked on Status yesterday, it estimated delivery for Jan 27-2010. I sent them an email and got one back saying the unit is back order and if need it faster call sales. I did call sale today and was told, the unit is discountinued by WD, and they really do not know if they are goign to be able to fulfill the order, but If I want they can send me a 1 TB driver for same price?

this is the seconed time this has happaned. I am a business owner, this is a genius way of getting cheap cash flow into company, advertise a rediculas price, then get 1000's ordered and paid for. But after two three weeks just simply cancel it, as it stated it in their agreement and have given them the right to that.

name the company.

HappyFeet
January 15th, 2010, 02:15 AM
NewEgg is the best.

juancarlospaco
January 15th, 2010, 02:28 AM
These dont ship to non-us country, too bad... :(

oldos2er
January 15th, 2010, 04:19 AM
[snip]

It's called "bait and switch," and it's an old strong-arm sales technique. If I were you, I'd quickly take my business elsewhere.

whiskeylover
January 15th, 2010, 04:47 AM
It is "bait and switch". And if I'm not mistaken, its also illegal.

CharlesA
January 15th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Definiately go somewhere else.

JoshuaRL
January 15th, 2010, 06:49 AM
name the company.

This, please.