PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Certification

yester64
January 15th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Hi,
i am just wondering if anyone here on this forum did the certification and if it is valued in the business world.
It sound interesting and perhaps an asset, but i am not sure if it will be recognized by your future employer.
Someone mind to share their experience about this?

phawnex
January 15th, 2010, 12:29 AM
well ubuntu is becoming increasingly popular that is for sure.

in north america especially though, Red Hat seems to be the one you want to be certified in. i don''t even know that Ubuntu offered certifications? is it commonly used in a business setting? i figure it to be more of a desktop os or even a small company/office os. not really corporate though, but i have no server experience with ubuntu so i dont know.

interesting topic though.

yester64
January 15th, 2010, 12:40 AM
well ubuntu is becoming increasingly popular that is for sure.

in north america especially though, Red Hat seems to be the one you want to be certified in. i don''t even know that Ubuntu offered certifications? is it commonly used in a business setting? i figure it to be more of a desktop os or even a small company/office os. not really corporate though, but i have no server experience with ubuntu so i dont know.

interesting topic though.

Just want to answer quickly.

http://www.ubuntu.com/training

I know my company runs everything on Windows, so i would not benefit from a ubuntu certification really. But perhaps it shows that you know more then anyone else. Perhaps.
My thinking was to grow my personal assets which can be also used in the business world.

Dayofswords
January 15th, 2010, 12:40 AM
http://www.ubuntu.com/training/certificationcourses/ucp
there it is

alexfish
January 15th, 2010, 12:54 AM
If they are ignorant of the facts

Tell them they are not worth working for

PS before you leave the interview leave them a copy of Ubuntu along with a copy of Ubuntu Certification

phawnex
January 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM
thanks a lot for the link. something else to help. i just started with the Linux/Unix deal and im deeply interested in it.

yester64
January 15th, 2010, 01:07 AM
hehe... yeah, i can do that.

But so far no one did this course, or? Bummer.