PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] During instalation it freezes

leunamme888
January 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, I've got following problem. My main system is Windows XP home SP3. Since I got classes from linux, c++ in linux I decided to virtualise linux, namely ubuntu 9.10 it works fine. But I've got philips freevents laptop which has very small LCD so vitrualbox isn't satisfing for me. Since installing virually was quick and without trouble i thought that installing real Ubuntu, Xubuntu or other linux on hard drive would be easy too. I partisionased disk to C and D both 40 GB. Unfortunately nothing of such. I tried seven different versions of Ubuntu or Xubuntu, downloaded them, burned iso image to cd, launched them and they all freezes in the same moment, at Ubuntu 9.10 just after making decision to install there comes the black screen with logo of ubuntu in the middle the logo blinks for aprox 30-40 sec, the hard disk and Cd drive works that time too and then everything freezes, can't even use alt+ctr+del cause they aren't working, now the same scheme goes for other version you chouse language, you chouse you want to install linux, for instance Xubuntu on the screen there comes a "belt" that goes left and right and left and for 30-40 sec, disc and cd works, and suddenly everything stops, no key is working. Plese help i really need that linux.
I used Wubi didn't help the same thing comes on. Now my hardware is
Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2050 @ 1.60 GHz, 1 GB RAM. HEEEEELP

audiomick
January 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM
can you boot into the live CD?