PDA

View Full Version : CE Won't Burn

frank cox
January 14th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I downloaded the new edition and it says it is 770.20 mb but I have tried to durn it to DVD 3 times and if fails half way through.

Can it be installed directly from the file?

david_kt
January 15th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I downloaded the new edition and it says it is 770.20 mb but I have tried to durn it to DVD 3 times and if fails half way through.

Can it be installed directly from the file?

Fail to burn is problem with disc, DVD writer or burning software. You could try to use unetbootin and make bootable usb:

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

But your computer should support booting from usb.

DK

frank cox
January 15th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Fail to burn is problem with disc, DVD writer or burning software. You could try to use unetbootin and make bootable usb:

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

But your computer should support booting from usb.

DK

Thanks David . I had Ubuntu on a flash disk but I replaced it with puppy because it would only boot on the newer bios. I really do not want to run it on a flash drive.
If I partition the flash drive can I use the USB to boot the other computer and install to it? How big a flash drive will it take ? I have most of mine used up save a 2 and I think a 4. I have plenty of room on my 16 but I don't want to nuke puppy.

You do a lot to help people David, I really appreciate you.

david_kt
January 16th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I have most of mine used up save a 2 and I think a 4. I have plenty of room on my 16 but I don't want to nuke puppy.

What i mean is for installation purpose only, not run CE from flash drive. A 1 GB would be enough, so, 2 GB is more than enough. Use the unetbootin to put the iso image to use.

After the installation, you could wipe out the CE from the flash drive.

DK

frank cox
January 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
What i mean is for installation purpose only, not run CE from flash drive. A 1 GB would be enough, so, 2 GB is more than enough. Use the unetbootin to put the iso image to use.

After the installation, you could wipe out the CE from the flash drive.

DK
Thanks-I will go that way!