PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble installing theme (I know it sounds stupid)

Burky
January 14th, 2010, 05:12 AM
I really really really like this them here (http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Calla?content=52297)

But here's the problem, the archive comes with an Emerald theme, in which I installed, but that just changes the borders, I want it working in GTK as well. It comes with a folder called GTK, but only has to files in it called "gtkrc" and "menu.png". I don't know how to install that?

Also it says I need the Rezlooks Engine (which I'm unable to find a non-dead linking to a deb of this), and Pixmap Engine (which I cannot find anywhere).

Anyone care to help me?

____
February 18th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I have the same problem with a different theme but I replaced the .gtkrc file in my home folder with the one included with the theme; but that did not do anything. I found out that the pixmap engine is not supported for newer versions of ubuntu, so I changed the
Engine "Pixmap" in the .gtkrc to
Engine "Pixbuf" which I am assuming is the modern equivalent; but now all of the windows look weird and the theme changer, Appearance application, will not even load.

Sorry that was not that helpful, but maybe, hopefully, it specified the problem.