PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Newbie trying to install Ubuntu

Phatboy101
January 14th, 2010, 01:11 AM
When I try to run the install from CD I get the following error:

4.940378 [<c0570be3>] Error_code+0x73/0x80

This then locks me up with the curser blinking and the num lock, caps lock, scroll lock lights blinking. I have searched throughout multiple forums but can't find an answer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Phatboy101

darkod
January 14th, 2010, 01:23 AM
The image might have been corrupted during download. Or during burning the cd. It should be at low speed, not more than 8x.
Maybe try burning another cd or maybe try creating bootable usb stick (doesn't waste cds).

oldos2er
January 14th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Have you run 'Check CD for defects'? Are you booted from the CD, or are you running it from within Windows? What are your system specs?

agelos
January 25th, 2010, 02:41 PM
hello there,
i was trying to install the 9.10 Karmic from a bootable usb key and the same error came up,i checked the md5sum for the iso to check if it was corrupted and it was fine,tried to check the usb for defects but i keep on getting the same thing,please someone help!!

Linuxman.
January 25th, 2010, 03:48 PM
hello there,
i was trying to install the 9.10 Karmic from a bootable usb key and the same error came up,i checked the md5sum for the iso to check if it was corrupted and it was fine,tried to check the usb for defects but i keep on getting the same thing,please someone help!!

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick