PDA

View Full Version : Sixth Sense Technology?

cptrohn
January 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
So has anybody else caught this yet?

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tv/TED-India-Pranav-Mistry/videoshow_ted/5231080.cms

And it is going to be open-sourced as well? Now this just some cool stuff right there...... so when can I buold one and put ubuntu on it?

juancarlospaco
January 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM
will wait until the Seven sense technology, because may be better...

MasterNetra
January 13th, 2010, 11:59 PM
We supposedly are able to still detect electro-magnetic fields/energy. Its a very weak sense and some do better then others. Its probably the sense behind the sensing of others despite not picking them up on the other 5 senses. "The feeling that someone is following/watching" type of thing. I've used it before to find a friend's cat. Despite the success though I'm still not very confident in using it.

juancarlospaco
January 14th, 2010, 12:26 AM
We supposedly are able to still detect electro-magnetic fields/energy.

Meh..., this is very old...,
if you suffer an 10K volts electro-magnetic energy discharge you will detect it with current technology
:)

cptrohn
January 14th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Did anybody actually Watch the video? This guy is brilliant and has made a device that projects your screen anywhere you are and uses your gestures to control it... no keyboard, no mouse, no monitor....It has nothing to do with any supernatural powers or other bunk like that.

This guy is getting ready to change the game, and he is open sourcing the technology so anybody can have it..

MasterNetra
January 14th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Meh..., this is very old...,
if you suffer an 10K volts electro-magnetic energy discharge you will detect it with current technology
:)

lol I meant we can detect it with a natural sense. No technology involved. I find thought it can be even more difficult to use in a house. With all the electrical wiring and electricity flowing through them. Having electronic stuff all over doesn't make things any easier either lol.

Did anybody actually Watch the video? This guy is brilliant and has made a device that projects your screen anywhere you are and uses your gestures to control it... no keyboard, no mouse, no monitor....It has nothing to do with any supernatural powers or other bunk like that.

This guy is getting ready to change the game, and he is open sourcing the technology so anybody can have it..

I remember watching it somewhere before... great its being Open Sourced.

winjeel
January 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I saw it on TED.com. Brilliant stuff. He said the software would be available (open source) either end of Nov or early Dec, but so far nothing. I'm imagining a future where ties have a practical purpose in the workplace. :D

juancarlospaco
January 14th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I find thought it can be even more difficult to use in a house. With all the electrical wiring and electricity flowing through them.

So you can accidentaly seeing your Neighborhood Pr0n from the WIFI ?
OMG!