PDA

View Full Version : Android Nexus One when in Japan?

ilcontegis
January 13th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hi guys,
I tried to check around but nobody knows anything.
I read that probably the sony ericsonn x10 will come to Japan with DoCoMo carrier this sping, but no news about the Nexus One.
Does somebody of you (maybe living in Japan like me or Japanese) knows something more about this topic?

Thank you
Teo

ilcontegis
January 14th, 2010, 09:30 AM
As I presumed there is nobody japanese in this forum....:(

janfsd
January 15th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Don't you have better phones over there?

LowSky
January 15th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Don't you have better phones over there?

Yeah they do... but can't you just buy an unlocked N1 and ship it to japan and use on whatever network you want.... oh wait what cell technology do you guys use? CDMA or GSM

CDMA version of the Nexus One is due in the Spring. No idea if it too will be unlocked but it will be on Verizon in the US.

virusiidx
January 15th, 2010, 10:06 PM
If anything, I would assume there would be an announcement when they bring out the cdma version for Verizon (US) here in the spring since Japan is on CDMA/W-CDMA.

When I was there in Tokyo, I never really saw too many Android phones though. Maybe because there were 100's of other cool phones, lol.

CharmyBee
January 15th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Or because the iPhone is dominating everything there?

I don't know if the Google has Nexus One plans for Japan, sorry. It's a very apple saturated market over there.

virusiidx
January 15th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Or because the iPhone is dominating everything there?

I don't know if the Google has Nexus One plans for Japan, sorry. It's a very apple saturated market over there.

I wouldn't say it's Apple saturated. I mean, it was mostly within the last year when the iphone sales started increasing there. They have such a huge selection of phones that we would probably never see. Plus, it lacks a few of the major features that Japanese phones normally have such as Edy/Suica/Pasmo, mobile TV, video calling, 12MP cameras, HD video, etc... Can't even sign up for mixi with it.

Yeah, it's doing very well over there now, but I wouldn't use that as a reason for why they wouldn't see the Nexus One.

ilcontegis
January 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Thank you for your answers, I will just wait then.

Yeah they do... but can't you just buy an unlocked N1 and ship it to japan and use on whatever network you want.... oh wait what cell technology do you guys use? CDMA or GSM

CDMA version of the Nexus One is due in the Spring. No idea if it too will be unlocked but it will be on Verizon in the US.

Cool phone in Japan? No way..they have just few models and with a software that is really crap.

Android they only have the HTC magic...