PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't add more workspaces: KDE

Gomeriffic
January 13th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I just installed KDE alongside Gnome on my computer, which is running Karmic, and got myself situated pretty well, until I now. I can't seem to find the option to add more workspaces. I am using the newest release of Compiz-Fusion and KDE.

EDIT: Just found out that there is no sound either.

lorsen
January 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM
When you right click on the desktop (or workspace) icons (in the menu bar) you should see something like settings and there you should be able to change the number of virtual desktops.

Gomeriffic
January 13th, 2010, 04:27 PM
When you right click on the desktop (or workspace) icons (in the menu bar) you should see something like settings and there you should be able to change the number of virtual desktops.

When I press apply, nothing happens. And I want the desktops to work well with Compiz Fusion's Expo plugin.

lorsen
January 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Have a look at this one http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=649418
Does it help?

Zorael
January 13th, 2010, 08:05 PM
EDIT: Just found out that there is no sound either.
Pop up KMix and unmute/raise those volume sliders~

Gomeriffic
January 13th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Pop up KMix and unmute/raise those volume sliders~

Did so already. There is actually sound, just no sound in Chrome or Konquorer.

Gomeriffic
January 14th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Yes, the Compiz page you put there helped. And now my sound is working (somehow). Sadly, and gladly, I am converting to KDE because of the Plasma workspace.

lorsen
January 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
So just for my interest: You change now to KDE because it is, well, better suited for you?
Because I started with KDE (Suse) and never really tried gnome. So I had the idea of installing gnome alongside to check it out but never did so far ...

Do you use these activity thing in KDE?

Gomeriffic
January 14th, 2010, 11:13 PM
So just for my interest: You change now to KDE because it is, well, better suited for you?
Because I started with KDE (Suse) and never really tried gnome. So I had the idea of installing gnome alongside to check it out but never did so far ...

Do you use these activity thing in KDE?

Well, I'm a BIG fan of Macs and mainly use linux because of the power, price and customizing. Gnome is an AMAZING window manager, but I like change a lot. I love the plasmoids and they are the main reason I switched. They are faster than widgets and they come installed. I would go back to Gnome if they had plasmoids, but, alas, there are none.