PDA

View Full Version : People who complitely switched to Linux: Do you still have your Windows CD?

Kdar
January 13th, 2010, 03:10 AM
People who completely switched to Linux and stopped using Windows.

Do you still have your windows CD (if you use it before)?

What do you plan to do to it? Or what did you do to it if you don't have it any more?

I am kind of thinking to sell mine, since I have no use of it now.

judge jankum
January 13th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I keep mine, and yes I do a "no no" I use in on other peoples puter that have gone down with maleware etc.... A lot of people here, well around me bought puters through rent to own places and have no restore disks....And I've always been a sucker for sad eyes anyway lol!

gnicko
January 13th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Yes...several of them. Why not? I paid a ton for each one of them!!

Irihapeti
January 13th, 2010, 03:20 AM
My main PC is still leased, so I feel obliged to hang onto the DVD until the lease expires (only a couple of months or so now). It's an OEM DVD, so I'm not sure how well it would work with any other machine.

chris200x9
January 13th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I'm unorganized so no, I lost it many moons ago...

MasterNetra
January 13th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I do keep mine. Just in case in the miraculous chance that I go back...or need to duel boot...

I keep mine, and yes I do a "no no" I use in on other peoples puter that have gone down with maleware etc.... A lot of people here, well around me bought puters through rent to own places and have no restore disks....And I've always been a sucker for sad eyes anyway lol!

Sad Blue eyes, blond hair and long slender legs eh? :p

judge jankum
January 13th, 2010, 05:05 AM
I do keep mine. Just in case in the miraculous chance that I go back...or need to duel boot...

Sad Blue eyes, blond hair and long slender legs eh? :p

LMAO!!!! "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Matt_Johnson
January 13th, 2010, 05:07 AM
well 199$ for a POS operating system so I had to keep it. I wish someone told me about linux before I got the bsod with windows xp...

judge jankum
January 13th, 2010, 05:14 AM
well 199$ for a POS operating system so I had to keep it. I wish someone told me about linux before I got the bsod with windows xp...
I got the same POS....

ronniestamps
January 13th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I put it in the microwave for 2 seconds, wonderful mini lightning show. Any cd/dvd will work, but for some reason, micro$oft discs are more fun.

Matt_Johnson
January 13th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I got the same POS....
ugh I feel your pain haha

judge jankum
January 13th, 2010, 05:23 AM
I put it in the microwave for 2 seconds, wonderful mini lightning show. Any cd/dvd will work, but for some reason, micro$oft discs are more fun.
$199 lightning show lol!!!

Matt_Johnson
January 13th, 2010, 05:26 AM

Why diddnt I think of that. I'll find another way to torture it.:evil: suggestions are welcome :)

pwnst*r
January 13th, 2010, 05:28 AM

Can someone translate please?

pwnst*r
January 13th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Why diddnt I think of that. I'll find another way to torcher it.:evil: suggestions are welcome :)

Suggestion 1: "torture"

judge jankum
January 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Can someone translate please?
sorry, if I'd had one drink less it would have made sense...

Matt_Johnson
January 13th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Suggestion 1: "torture"
Lets not kill the fun out of everything here bud. Just a typo, don't have to be so harsh..

studmf
January 13th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Still have all mine, 95 to Win7. I even have millennium :(. I switched over to win7 for a bit and came crawling back to linux after I got 5 BSOD in a week. Ended up making Win7 a guest and will not look back, I love my 9.10.

carbonbased
January 13th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Sure. You never know when someone might want some free (samples) software. I have the W thing back to 98SE. Would have them back to 3.1 except for my home being destroyed years ago. If nothing else, I view them as relics--like old beer bottles.

lisati
January 13th, 2010, 05:43 AM
I still have the Windows 98SE CD that came with my old desktop, the license sticker is on a book somewhere buried in the clutter.

Hmmmm virtual machine?

amitabhishek
January 13th, 2010, 05:43 AM
The art work on CD is better then the software inside it; so I keep them.

staf0048
January 13th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Still have it.

Why? Just in case I suppose.

I guess I'm not psychologically ready to make the full commitment to Linux.

judge jankum
January 13th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I still have 3.11 on floppies and all the rest on cd...Well except for 7....

malspa
January 13th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Still have my XP cd in a box somewhere. I might as well give it away, because I don't believe I'll ever use it again.

Kdar
January 13th, 2010, 06:46 AM
The art work on CD is better then the software inside it; so I keep them.

LOL

Maybe I should use my Windows CD like a coaster?
Let it serve me like a low-life coaster for all it's remaining existence? :D

Puzzled Guy
January 13th, 2010, 06:49 AM
I haven't really removed Windows yet (but I plan to do so).

Yes I still have my Windows disk but even if I did need it, I still wouldn't be able to do anything with it, considering the fact that my computer is a teeny weeny netbook WITHOUT a disk drive in it. :lolflag:

pwnst*r
January 13th, 2010, 06:53 AM
LOL

Maybe I should use my Windows CD like a coaster?
Let it serve me like a low-life coaster for all it's remaining existence? :D

Yeah, boy, that'll teach that damn Bill Gates. Way to stick it to the man, Kdar!

xuCGC002
January 13th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I have my XP 64-bit and Server 2003 disks sitting on my desk. Not serving much purpose, just sitting there if i want to dual-boot sometime or run in a VM.