PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ATI HD3300 and Samsung SyncMaster T220HD problem

pablo79
January 13th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hi guys, I've installed my mythbuntu 9.10 and the ati driver 9.11 via DVI connection to the monitor and all work correctly. Today I bought an HDMI cable because I want to use only this cable to send video and sound to the monitor and as so I connected via HDMI and I started the PC. After the computer starts, it showed correctly the booting information and mythtv but as soon as I exited from mythtv to use the pc as a desktop I found that the chars, the icons as so on were very big.
I've tried to run the Ati contol center and the resolution of the monitor was correctly 1680x1050.
I've tried to restart the computer with the DVI and all come back to usual, so I tried to switch off the monitor unconnet the DVI and connect again the HDMI and when I switched on the monitor the display was again ok. After a restart of the system the situation was the one I've told before (big chars, etc.).
Someone has an idea on how to solve this situation?
Thank you in advance,
Pablo79

pablo79
January 14th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I've retry to start the pc via HDMI and I note that only the chars are big(very big), all the rest is ok. Nobody has an idea? It's frustrating. Thank you for your suggestion...

pablo79
January 16th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Dear all, finally the solution is very ridicolous!! I only change the fonts setting DPI custom to 100. in /System/Appearance/Font.