PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Extended monitor on left of main

tr33m4n
January 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hello there,

I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this. Basically I have my extended desktop over two monitors working fine. The only issue is my extended monitor is on the left of my main monitor. This makes it quite confusing when moving my cursor or dragging windows from one monitor to the other because I have to drag off my main screen to the right for it to appear on the left monitor.

Is there a way to change which side I move my cursor off for it to appear on the extended monitor?

Thanks
Dan

egravede
January 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Go to your video options and play around with the settings(just like in windows). You might even need to configure the xorg.conf file.

tr33m4n
January 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I have tried many many different configs, and I can't seem to find an xorg.conf hooks to change this. Just for the record I've tried all combinations of monitor arrangements in the 'Display' settings in gnome and also the display settings in ati catalyst control centre. I can set my default screen to be the monitor on the left which sorts out the cursor/drag problem, however i don't wish this monitor to be the default (as its an extended monitor plugged into my laptop)

But thanks anyway
Dan