PDA

View Full Version : plasma in qt apps??

nerdy_kid
January 12th, 2010, 08:19 PM
just an idea, but im wondering, as plasma progresses, wouldnt it be sick to have plasma draw the windows? sort of like the windows Aero thing -- but better. There could be themable tranparent parts of windows and stuff like that. I think it would be awesome! Maybe have a QT theme engine that uses plasma to draw everything, then the windows could follow the plasma theme.... i dont know if this is possible, but i think it would be realy sick. Maybe KDE 5 lol

Skripka
January 12th, 2010, 09:09 PM
just an idea, but im wondering, as plasma progresses, wouldnt it be sick to have plasma draw the windows? sort of like the windows Aero thing -- but better. There could be themable tranparent parts of windows and stuff like that. I think it would be awesome! Maybe have a QT theme engine that uses plasma to draw everything, then the windows could follow the plasma theme.... i dont know if this is possible, but i think it would be realy sick. Maybe KDE 5 lol

It would be possible, the catch being that then all Qt apps would then have KDElibs and Plasma as depends...and without KDE you couldn't run them.

nerdy_kid
January 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
It would be possible, the catch being that then all Qt apps would then have KDElibs and Plasma as depends...and without KDE you couldn't run them.

not if it was a qt plasma theme -- so a qt theme that used plasma to draw stuff. The draw back would be that GTK apps would really look out of place then :S