PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] upgrade issues and freezing

viking22
January 12th, 2010, 08:12 PM
hello, ive recently switched to ubuntu from xp.
recently i've been getting error messages while trying to do the recommended upgrades and also some times it freezes up on me, I cant help but think the two issues are related. if anyone can help me tune this thing up i would appreciate it.
other wise i'm thinking about just going back to xp- it ran slower but seemed more stable.
thank you

sirkeith
January 12th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Viking, you sound a bit like me. I am not sure what distro you are running but I am running Lucid Lynx and my problems seem to come from upgrades. Most of thjem from upgrades that are listed as partial. There is a warning here on the forum about nstalling partial upgrades, so I won't do that again. And I downloaded the latest live cd yesterday and it loads but after that I can't boot in to Ubuntu so I went back to 2.6.32.7 which is kind of a drag because 2.6.32.9 was better but I lost it so I will wait for a full update. Overall I am learning though and I do like to learn things.

I like XP as well but when I leave well enough alone this Ubuntu is heads above. I do have XP running on this computer as well but I use it less and less.

keith

keith

viking22
January 12th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I'm running the new 'kinky koala' distro. i really like it but when things start freezing up and giving error messages after not even 2 weeks of running it makes me wonder why i like it so much. I dont really want to switch back to the evil empire :twisted:, but i do need things to work right.