PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Setup Bluetooth Headphones

mcland
January 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I just bought a pair of Samsung SBH500 headphones and a USB Bluetooth dongle. I was able to connect my headphones with no problems but I wanted to set them up to play music. I found this website: http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=780054. I got to this command:
$ sudo hciconfig hci0 voice 0x0060 and got this error message
Can't write voice setting on hci0: Connection timed out (110)

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

BTW, I'm running 9.10.

prshah
January 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Can't write voice setting on hci0: Connection timed out (110)

hci0 refers to your bluetooth dongle. Do you have a 1.2 version bluetooth dongle? (ie, one that supports A2DP or similar audio protocols?)

vertago1
February 22nd, 2010, 11:59 PM
I have a belkin usb bluetooth dongle which supports the SBH500 because I have used it in windows, but I haven't been able to setup in ubuntu. I would appreciate any help.

I am running kde which has a bluetooth manager which is able to detect the "Samsung SBH500" as a device but when I hit the next button and it checks for input capabilities it says "Sorry your Bluetooth Device does not support input Service"

vertago1
February 23rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
I was able to get it to work.

First one of the times I put my headset in pair mode, kbluetooth popped up the pairing dialog for entering the 4 digit pin. After entering the pin it was able to connect.

To actually get the sound to work I had to do:

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover

I also installed pavucontrol for changing the headset between duplex and high-quality audio modes.