PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Thats crazy :D

xequence
March 1st, 2006, 04:29 AM
You know the whole "community chat posts dont count" thingy?

Well, my post counter has gone up like 30 since that was put in. But I realised... I had on average 15 posts a day before it (or so said my profile thingy). So I devide that by my "beans" per day now and I multiply that by my post count.

15 / 2.66 * (538 - 30) = 2844

(How did I ever think of that formula thingy? It looks so odd now, but it looked better when I accually did it o_O)

So I have posted almost 3000 posts here.

How many posts do you guess you have done so far on here?

(Just want to see how drastically different they are from the beans)

Or another way to calculate it that is probably better, but harder... Ive been here 203 days * 15 * 3045.

Keeping in mind that my post per day before went as low as 12 sometimes and as high as 20, and I probably post more then before, I am somewhere between 3000 and 3600 I think.

bluevoodoo1
March 1st, 2006, 04:38 AM
In case you're curious, have you seen this thread?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=134608&highlight=posts

"The bean count you have is for Tech support areas only, and thus excludes Posts to Community Chat area."

Lovechild
March 1st, 2006, 04:57 AM
I don't think it would be healthy for me to consider how many posts I have

sapo
March 1st, 2006, 05:14 AM
I don't think it would be healthy for me to consider how many posts I have
I think exactly the same thing.. :mrgreen:

fuscia
March 1st, 2006, 10:40 AM
a sobering thought, maybe...

content, divided by postcount = total worth

xequence
March 1st, 2006, 01:18 PM
In case you're curious, have you seen this thread?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=134608&highlight=posts

"The bean count you have is for Tech support areas only, and thus excludes Posts to Community Chat area."

I am well aware of that, and I really dont like that they did that. So I am just asking people to use a forumula and figure out how many posts they probably have, but arnt counted because of that rule that came into effect a couple months ago.

bonzodog
March 1st, 2006, 02:06 PM
go to 'Search' then 'find all your posts'. Look at the top of the results page, right hand side. In small letters it will say 'showing results 1 to 25 of ---'. That figure is your true number of posts!.

bluevoodoo1
March 1st, 2006, 02:25 PM
I am well aware of that, and I really dont like that they did that. So I am just asking people to use a forumula and figure out how many posts they probably have, but arnt counted because of that rule that came into effect a couple months ago.

Ohhh, I thought in your first post it said...

You know that the "community chat posts dont count" thingy? (meaning you had just found out that they didn't count, but you seem to have known that for a while)

sorry it was getting late for me... couldn't read correctly :)

sapo
March 1st, 2006, 02:47 PM
go to 'Search' then 'find all your posts'. Look at the top of the results page, right hand side. In small letters it will say 'showing results 1 to 25 of ---'. That figure is your true number of posts!.
It doesnt work! It just found 500, look at my post count :p

LordBug
March 1st, 2006, 03:45 PM
Maybe the other 500 rolled off due to age?

Chat area posts not counting towards post count totals is a pretty common thing on technical related forums anymore. It's an idea I like, personally. It shows how much you help, rather than how much you post. Big difference.

bored2k
March 1st, 2006, 07:13 PM
I have nothing but a few posts.

WildTangent
March 1st, 2006, 07:15 PM
Mine's cut off at 500 as well :( I probably have around 1500 posts by now.

-Wild

xequence
March 1st, 2006, 08:52 PM
I have nothing but a few posts.

I remember before just being in awe how you had a 25 posts a day average O_O

If you have kept that up you would have... Guess how many posts... 9000 =O Yes, nine thousand o_O

(meaning you had just found out that they didn't count, but you seem to have known that for a while)

I was just mentioning that the community chat posts dont count so people know what I was talking about.

sorry it was getting late for me... couldn't read correctly

Its ok =)