View Full Version : "Elvin": Does anybody know what is it?

JC Cheloven
January 12th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hi, I was searching for audio plugins, and found the INVADA ones: http://www.invadarecords.com/Downloads.php?ID=00000264

Looking at the "host compatibility" (a bit downside the page), I see that "Elvin". I suppose it's a digital audio program (daw, sequencer...?), as it is next to ardour, lv2Rack, traverso, and other known audio programs. But I did a search for "Elvin" and didn't find anything audio related.

So does anyone know what is it about?

January 12th, 2010, 08:46 AM
You'll probably get a better answer here, than in the Cafe.

JC Cheloven
January 13th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks Cariboo, you're right.

So... someone knows what is it?

JC Cheloven
January 22nd, 2010, 02:40 AM
Ok last Bump...
It really piqued my curiosity. Tried to find any contact info in that link (to ask them directly) but didn't find anything.

January 22nd, 2010, 02:56 AM
probably it's got something to do with what you're being presented with at elvin.org...it's some sort of message protocol, I believe...

January 22nd, 2010, 05:13 AM
maybe distant cousin of this type of beast?

'Elvin supports local clustering of servers that improves scalability and distributes the local load. Clustering is used to implement a distributed, but single-subscription, address space. Routers within a cluster communicate using a reliable multicast protocol over an IP network. An elvin router may force a client to reconnect to another server in order to reduce load.'

January 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
It's probably a LV2 related project that never got off the ground and they probably forgot to remove the reference.

January 22nd, 2010, 10:58 PM
I asked in the #LV2 irc channel and this was the response:

<drobilla> larsl's host
<drobilla> I think maybe he 'discontinued' it or something. I don't think it was ever actually released
<daste> i think it's called elven
Upon google searching for "elven lv2" I do get some results regarding a lv2 host program.