PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] installing software from cd

CitizenJames
January 12th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Hello. I just installed Ubuntu Studio, but I chose not to install any of the packages because I figured I would be able to do that once I was up and running. I cant figure out how though. When I boot from the dvd, I select "select and install packages" and it just takes me to the partitioning thing and makes me format my hard drive first.... Im lost. It would be retarded if I had to be connected to the internet just to install programs. Please help me so I can start falling in love with this beautiful OS lol.

zvacet
January 12th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Put disc in drive and type in terminal

sudo apt-cdrom add

Then install packages.

CitizenJames
January 12th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Ok I'll give that a try. So far, I've been browsing the cd trying to install the files manually lol. It sucks. I dont know what's what and some stuff seems to do nothing.

I did manage to find and install Audacity and Ardour though.

CitizenJames
January 12th, 2010, 10:14 PM
ok, I tried it and after I put in my password, it starts "Copying package lists..." then E: Sub-process gpgv returned an error code (2)

edit: Ok I fixed that error by setting the right system time... Now I dont know what to do, It said it's skipping non-existing file ... There's a few of those. Before that it says

"repeat this process for the rest of the CDs in your set"...

Im giving up now. Ardour is way too slow on my PC. I cant believe that Sonar 4 on XP is faster than that. I just cant seem to do all the stuff I can on Sonar. Guess Im stuck with windows for now.