PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting Cinelerra

Kaninepete
January 12th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I'm trying to install Cinelerra because it has a plugin to do chromakey. I found a .deb and installed it, but now I don't know how to start the program. It didn't make a shortcut in my main menu, and typing "cinelerracv" returns "command not found"

Did I install it wrong, or not at all? What should I try next?

HappyFeet
January 12th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Check system>preferences>main menu and see if you can add it there.

redwoodguy
January 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm trying to install Cinelerra because it has a plugin to do chromakey. I found a .deb and installed it, but now I don't know how to start the program. It didn't make a shortcut in my main menu, and typing "cinelerracv" returns "command not found"

Did I install it wrong, or not at all? What should I try next?
I am pretty sure that deb install is ONLY a key and a way to add the repository. After doing that step, use your synaptic installer. First, make sure the site is "checked" in your software sources pane of synaptic. Then search "cinelerra" then do the install as normal.

Good luck. There are around 7 versions of the Cinelerra that you can choose. Everyone I have tried so far crashes, doesn't play audio, or creates mounds of error messages just trying to edit the simplest video.
It LOOKS like a great program with all the features, but getting to to run? I have no idea what that will take.

Kaninepete
January 12th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks, I got it working now.
Why didn't it tell me that it wasn't really installing the program?