PDA

View Full Version : Installing an operating system and monitor it using a mobile device

Ipuntmidgets
January 12th, 2010, 02:16 AM
I was wondering if i can remote desktop with my blackberry if i could install a program on my computer that would allow me to monitor a operating system install or even use my blackberry to install the operating system.

Ipuntmidgets
January 12th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I am a sort of new user to Ubuntu so I don't know a whole lot about the operating system yet but my life is basically my computer right now so it won't take me long to learn how everything works

sikander3786
January 16th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I think you are looking for this sort of software. I haven't tried it yet and it will only run on Windows (under development, however you might download the source). Take a look here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cellmote/

Ipuntmidgets
January 26th, 2010, 09:53 PM
that's kind of a remote desktop thing from your cellphone but iv talked to a few people and are looking into PXE boot and i think that it will help but the problem is trying to use software on a computer that doesn't have an operating system

and right now i have found out a lot about PXE booting process and all that so if you could send me links were i could find more it would help a lot

also i found a person that is trying to do the same thing but he is modding the hardware to run code instead of just touching the software like I'm trying to do but what he is doing sounds good but i don't think i have the tech experience to mod hardware at this stage in my geek/nerd/teki life