PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Amarok has never worked.

Rave Gloves
January 11th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Im getting pretty sick of banshee now, its very slow and blotted, songs jump a lot and the shuffle is terrible, i have 1000ish songs and shuffle seems to only play the same 50 songs over and over. I have always wanted to use amarok but whenever i have tried to play songs on it, it just skips though all the songs without playing them. Has anyone else had this problem? im not sure how to go about fixing it.

SuperSonic4
January 11th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I've had this problem before but solved it more through dumb luck than anything else.

I remember changing my phonon backend to Xine in System Settings --> Multimedia or through amarok on Settings --> Configure --> Playback --> System Sounds (button)

Also have you tried it with no other sound running?

Rave Gloves
January 11th, 2010, 11:41 PM
On my first open there i got an error saying it may be installed under the wrong prefix,

I tried to load again and it told me the audio play back dose not work, what do i do now?

Edit: its also leaving this ghostly box on the right left top corner of my screen and it dosent go away till i close it .

running_rabbit07
January 11th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Should give Audacious2 or Rhythmbox a try.

Rave Gloves
January 11th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Should give Audacious2 or Rhythmbox a try.

Im not a fan of rhythmbox but i will give audacious2 a try

xoorox
January 12th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I abandoned Amarok at version 2 when it repeatedly had database problems and pulled through the wrong information for tracks. I've since been using Exaile which does very nicely :)

Rave Gloves
January 12th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I abandoned Amarok at version 2 when it repeatedly had database problems and pulled through the wrong information for tracks. I've since been using Exaile which does very nicely :)

This looks nice!, how is it i get it to list All my music for shuffle and not just the selected artist?

warfacegod
January 12th, 2010, 12:23 AM
You can use the old Amarok 1.4 here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1307737

It's much better than the newer series 2 players.

I tried to load again and it told me the audio play back dose not work, what do i do now?

Make sure you have mp3 support:

System> Admin.> Software Sources> Ubuntu Software tab> check multiverse> hit close when it asks to reload.

Then do an update.

Rave Gloves
January 12th, 2010, 12:29 AM
You can use the old Amarok 1.4 here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1307737

It's much better than the newer series 2 players.

Make sure you have mp3 support:

System> Admin.> Software Sources> Ubuntu Software tab> check multiverse> hit close when it asks to reload.

Then do an update.

I think im going to stick with exaile just now, its fast and works alot better than banshee. i will set the thread to solved !

trans1t
February 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
sorry to bump, but in case anyone stumbles on this thread, i had the same problem and installing kubuntu-restricted-extras solves it.