PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Balazar Install Issue

Deadwhisper
January 11th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hello

I'm having problems installing Balazar from Ubuntu Software Center. When clicking on "Install" it gives me the following error (see screenshot please).

I'm very new to Ubuntu and not familiar with command line or terminal that much I'm still trying to get a hold of the basics.

Can somebody please help me understand what this error means and what it will take to install Balazar on my laptop?

Dell Latitude D610
Ubuntu Gnome 9.10

Deadwhisper
January 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Can anybody please help?

Deadwhisper
January 13th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Anybody? please? Any help at all?

Did I not include enough information? Did I post in the wrong forum? I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or if nobody really knows.

Can anybody here help me understand why I cant install it and what that error means please?

Thanks,

blahbommer
February 10th, 2010, 11:59 PM
hi i had a similar problem and solved it
got into synpatic and try to install balazar
it will problaly tell you that you are missing python-soya
so search for that in synpatic and try to install it
for me it told me i was missing a few programs
just do a google search for them download them and install them
than go back to synpatic try to install balazar again and it should also install the other files you need

warning: i may have done something wrong because my game is very glichy

hope that helps

RasterBurn
February 24th, 2010, 08:39 AM
hello there, i have encountered the same problem, i have solved the same problem as well, the ubuntu repositories are missing a required file for an app called "python-soya" which is required for the game the missing file is libode0debian1 which can be downloaded from http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libode0debian1 and installed manually before installing balazar :)