PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Triple Boot: Ubuntu 9.10; XP Home; XP Pro

Bosluis
January 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Hi, and help!

I have a fairly old computer, (4 years) it is has an Intel Pentium 4 3,4 Ghz processor with 1,5Gb RAM, and had been running XP Home on a 80Gb HDD.

About three weeks ago, I purchased a 500Gb HDD, and disconnected my old drive. I partitioned the new drive to 120 Gb and 380Gb. I put XP Pro on the 120Gb partition, and Ubuntu 9.10 on the balance.

On reboot, startup menu (grub?) :confused: gave me the option to boot from, among others, Ubuntu 9.10, and XP Pro. Both worked fine!

I then reconnected the old drive, and if I wanted to boot up in XP Home, would tap "F8" on start-up, and select the old HDD to boot from. This was working fine and I was happy with the way it worked!

This morning, when I re-booted, the Start-up menu now had XP Home added to the list.

If I select either Ubuntu 9.10 or XP Home, they both work fine, but if I select XP Pro, it give me the message "error: invalid signature" and when I press any key, brings me back to the menu.

Please help me resolve this problem!

Bosluis

Bosluis
January 11th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I have sorted out the issue, by reading elsewhere on the forum (http://swiss.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8472584):D

Should have done that first!:redface:

Bosluis

SecretCode
January 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Well done, and welcome to the forums!

... You can now mark the thread solved (under the 'Thread tools' menu)

Bosluis
January 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Well done, and welcome to the forums!

... You can now mark the thread solved (under the 'Thread tools' menu)

Thank you, You live and learn!

Bosluis