PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install problem!

new2ubuntwo
January 11th, 2010, 03:13 AM
So i tried to install ubuntu on my computer, on both of my hard drives. i have vista currently, i tried both the run as an app in windows and the full partitioned installation. i was able to install but when i tried to boot up with ubuntu it gave me some error (it was trying to boot up in windows). It ran fine though if i just booted from my cd. so i am currently trying to install it on my brother's old computer which i had to delete his old partition cuz it was extremely messed up. so now i boot from the cd and get the ubuntu main page, i was able to hit the boot without changing computer but then it would just sit at a black screen with the little loading circle in the middle of the screen. And if i tried to hit install then it would go to the language selection page but my keyboard and mouse would stop working. and now my keyboard and mouse just don't work at all and it just automatically boots from cd and freezes at the black screen. Any help? and i would really rather not try and take the hour or so trying to reinstall xp then try and get ubuntu that way, it most likely won't work anyways.