PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to enable visual effects

the_egg_man
January 11th, 2010, 02:31 AM
I have compizconfig, and i have selected the cube desktop and wiggly windows, but it's not working. They do show to be selected, but nothing. I right-clicked on my desktop, went to Change Desktop Background, clicked on visual effects and saw that I have "None" Selected. I tried "Basic" and even "Extra" and it shows that it's searching for drivers, then after a few seconds, it says "Desktop effects could not be enabled."

I've had issues with Ubuntu, but yesterday morning i had it running and was able to activate use the Cube desktop and the wobbly windows. Anyone have an idea as to what changed? I did resize my partition and put Ubuntu on the hard drive, side-by-side with VISTA last night. Could I have changed something big by doing that?

Also, sorry for all these threads with dumb questions. I do search google before creating a new thread.

kwyto
January 11th, 2010, 03:00 AM
look in System->Administration->Hardware Drivers , there it should say something about a restricted driver. enable it and then try changing the appearance. you'll have to restart the computer.